Stifel GC is a silane sealer for vertical and horizontal concrete. This product guards treated surfaces from freeze/thaw damage cycles, deicing salts and the absorption of water – without modifying the surface appearance. Stifel GC can be applied to both brick masonry and concrete masonry surfaces.
Stifel GC is a water-based silane because it has a molecular structure small enough to penetrate concrete up to ½ inch or more. It then reacts with siliceous material to form a hydrophobic barrier. Therefore, it prevents water and waterborne chloride absorption.
Stifel GC is safe and easy to use. Its single-component formulation is very low odor and has a high flash point (>200° F/100° C).
• All exterior, vertical or horizontal cast-in-place or precast concrete
• To protect structural concrete bridge decks and parking garage driving surfaces
• Exterior, vertical concrete, brick masonry and concrete masonry surfaces
• New or existing substrates
• Where conventional silanes containing hydrocarbon solvent carriers cannot safely be used
Advantages of Stifel GC for Vertical and Horizontal Concrete
• Achieves deep penetration due to silane that doesn’t evaporate under site application conditions
• Contains a unique silane that goes into the concrete rather than into the atmosphere
• Formulated with 10% active solids
• Meets all federal and state VOC requirements
• Allows treated surfaces to breathe naturally
• Guards against water and chloride ion-containing deicing salts
• Minimizes surface scaling due to concrete freeze/thaw cycles
• Protects treated concrete from delamination and spalling
• Substantially extends the serviceable life of concrete structures
• Green Engineered™ in order to be better for health and the environment