Monofilm concrete moisture evaporation reducer extends the time available for concrete finishing during hot, dry and windy conditions. When applied on freshly placed concrete, Monofilm creates a monomolecular layer that reduces surface moisture evaporation up to 80% in wind and 40% in sunlight. This protective layer also reduces surface crusting, shrinkage cracking and the development of moisture envelopes that lead to spalling.
More concrete can be effectively placed with less labor during adversely hot, dry and/or windy conditions without jeopardizing overall concrete quality. Use Monofilm concrete moisture evaporation reducer on all types of concrete flat work, including air entrained, low slump, superplastersized, latex modified and concrete containing pozzolans such as fly ash, blast furnace slag or silica fume.
Advantages of this Concrete Moisture Evaporation Reducer
- Meets all federal and state VOC requirements
- Significantly improves the concrete surface strength, abrasion resistance and durability
- Allows for more finishing time in hot, dry and windy conditions
- Monofilm’s protective layer lasts as long as the concrete remains plastic. This allows the necessary amount of working time to achieve an acceptable finish, regardless of successive floating and troweling operations.
- Does not interfere with the normal cement hydration process or subsequent application of floor sealers, paints, coatings or patching materials.
- Contains a highly visible fluorescent dye for easy, uniform application.
- Available in a concentrate or ready-to-use version.
• Ready-to-Use (RTU)