CemTint - Penetrating Water-Based Staining Compound
CSI CemTint is a permanent, penetrating, water-based staining compound designed to provide translucent, marbled hues and tones on gray and colored substrates. The finished color can appear similar to chemically stained surfaces.
A hydrolyzed, lithium quartz compound, CSI CemTint works by penetrating and reacting with mineral compounds and/or siliceous materials to create a translucent or marbled appearance on the substrate surface. Because the product penetrates into the pores of the substrate, there is no film or coating to be worn away.
CSI CemTint consists of two separately packaged components: 1) a colored pigment pack and 2) a CSI CemTint liquid pack.
Note: Once mixed, CSI CemTint should be used within 14 days. Always mix before using
- CSI CemTint may be used on colored or natural concrete, brick, plaster, porous limestone, Mexican tile and gypsum products.
- When coloring concrete, CSI CemTint is an excellent nontoxic tint base for the following surfaces:
- Colored, imprinted concrete, color-hardened concrete and surface overlays
- Colored concrete that has been uncoated or stripped
- Uncolored concrete that has been uncoated or stripped
- Interior high-traffic retail or public areas
- Interior and exterior concrete surfaces that will be regularly maintained and recoated
- Exterior concrete surfaces that will weather naturally
- Exposed aggregate
- CSI CemTint creates a permanent, breathable, insoluble surface that can be used for translucent coloring that will preserve the characteristics of a concrete surface.
- CSI CemTint requires a final sealer topcoat to properly protect and enhance the final color
Coverage rates may vary depending on the texture, porosity, age and condition of the concrete, the application method, and other local conditions. CSI CemTint is a true penetrating tinting product. As such, coverage rates may fluctuate dramatically depending on the porosity of the surface. Very porous surfaces, such as porous brick and Mexican pavers, will yield a lower coverage rate.
- Smooth Finish – 500-600 square feet per gallon.
- Rough or Broom Finish – 400-500 square feet per gallon.
Drying times will vary depending on surface permeability, temperature, humidity and local conditions. When drying, do not cover the surface with anything non-permeable for a minimum of 24 hours.
Dense Surfaces, Set to Touch – Dense surfaces will absorb product at a slower rate. Drying time may vary between 5-10 minutes. Dry means that the surface is dry to the touch.
Porous Surfaces, Set to Touch – Porous surfaces may absorb product at a rapid rate, and drying time may vary between 1-10 minutes. As soon as the first coat is dry, repeat.
Recoat – Apply recoats as soon as possible after initial coats. Recoats may be applied at later times, but final color may vary. Test any recoat in a small area prior to full application.
CSI CemTint is available in 1-gallon units (with 1-pint water-based tint concentrate) and 5-gallon units (with 1-quart water-based tint concentrate).
CSI CemTint, a proprietary product, is warranted to be of uniform quality within manufacturing tolerances. Since control is not exercised over its use, no warranty, expressed or implied, is made as to the effects of such use. Seller’s and manufacturer’s obligation under this warranty shall be limited to refunding the purchase price of that portion of the material proven to be defective. The user assumes all other risks and liabilities resulting from use of this product. If you have any questions, please contact ChemSystems, Inc
Shipping will vary when ordering in bulk. Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 541-341-3390 for a personalized quote if buying in bulk.