Car-VZ Vertical Carving Mix by Trinic
Car-VZ is a pre-blended powdered admixture that increases the performance of vertical carving applications.
Benefits of Use:
- Excellent adhesion for vertical and overhead applications
- Optimum carving properties
- Includes a specialty fiber to reduce cracking, invisible to the naked eye, and will not affect the
- Simple one dose powdered admixture
- Enhanced freeze/thaw protection
- Reduces efflorescence
- Boosts compression and flexural strengths
Instructions for Use:
Car-VZ is designed to provide excellent performance at 12% of the cement weight. Optimum performance when dosed at 17% of cement weight.
When making your mix from scratch we suggest the following example as a good starting point:
- 94 # of type I Portland cement
- 12# of Car-VZ
- 3 (5-gallon) pails of coarse sand (1/8” minus)
- Water is added slowly during mixing to meet your desired consistency.
- Make some trials and adjust as preferred.
When adding Car-VZ to a pre-blended mortar mix figure that the blend is roughly 33% cement.
1-80 Lb. bag of mortar mix will contain about 26.5 lb. of cement. 26.5 lb X 0.12 lb = 3 lb of Car-VZ.
Water is added slowly during mixing to meet your desired consistency.