Crete-Nox TA is a concrete surface retarder for exposing aggregate. This product allows users to produce decorative exposed aggregate surfaces without the time requirement of the ‘wet wash’ method and with a lower cost than mechanical texturing. Instead, apply Crete-Nox TA immediately following concrete finishing, allowing it to interact with cement to interrupt the hydration process and delay the set on approximately 1/8 – 1/4 inch of the surface. As a result, underlying concrete hardens at a normal rate, allowing for removal of the retarded surface matrix to expose the aggregate.
Crete-Nox TA is ideal for use on concrete walkways, entryways, driveways, patios, balconies and other horizontal surfaces where the desire is a decorative aggregate look. Crete-Nox TA achieves a true aggregate finish, unlike the dull finish left behind by abrasive blasting.
Applications for Crete-Nox TA
• To expose aggregate on concrete walkways, entryways, driveways, patios, balconies and other horizontal concrete pedestrian or vehicular driving surfaces
• In precast applications to expose aggregates on numerous types of precast elements
Advantages of this Concrete Surface Retarder for Exposing Aggregate
• Allows for production of decorative exposed aggregate surfaces at a fraction of the cost of mechanical texturing
• Ideal for large individual pour areas
• Meets all federal and state VOC requirements
• Achieves a true aggregate finish
• Does not discolor resulting concrete
• Leaves no residue
• Will not interfere, react with or prevent adhesion or penetration of subsequently applied hardeners, sealers or other coatings and toppings
• Ready to use for easy application
• Contains a green fugitive dye to aid in uniform application
Green Engineered® in order to be better for health and the environment